Lili's knitting, eh?

Monday, March 27, 2006

Squares??




Just so you know what a miracle the knitting of the throw really is, I decided my blog wouldn't be complete without the posting of the "squares". These "squares" were my first attempt at knitting, just a little practice before I attempted to make a bigger item. And well...the word squares is also a little weeee bit misleading.


"Square #1"


Well...look at that. You are beginning to see why the word squares is in quotes aren't you? I will admit that I quit this one...I had to. This thing was getting longer and longer and longer and contrary to what this picture shows, I do in fact know what a square is. Really I do. Really. Which leads us to...

Square #2


Um...yeah. So you have to admit there is a little bit of progress here right? I mean sure, it still isn't a square but it's only off about 2 inches on each side, which is waaaaay better than the first one. So progress. But yes...I quit this one too.

When I started knitting "square" #2, my son asked me what I was making. I told him "I don't know, may be a wash cloth." What else do you do with a square right? So when I gave up on it (or finished as I told him) He came over and said "wow that's great mom!!" I told him "wash cloths really don't look like this" and he said "you should call all those other people that make wash cloths and tell them to make them like yours. Yours is the best!" Seriously...how can you not love this kid?

Which leads me to

Square #3

Could it be?? Is this actually the beginnings of a square? Yes my friends...I made a square. Is it perfect? No...but it is definitely a square. (well it's on its way any way)

Now this square has really blossomed in its old age.

A little knitting, a little purling...and look up there at the top...some stockinette there too. Plus if you look at the bottom, that's me figuring out how to stick another colour on there. I'm sure as my knitting career goes on (I think calling it a career is a little like calling the hill in our back yard a mountain but you get what I mean) this square will become one colourful, well used piece of knitting.

I should also say in my own defense that "squares" 1 and 2 were attempted before I watched the very helpful videos at http://www.knittinghelp.com/. So thank you Julie for sending me there, what a fab site!!

So now that you have seen my "squares" you think my throw is fantastic don't you??? Obviously it could have been a lot worse..lol.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    This is the best 1st blog post ever. I love those squares. =)

    Yay for another geeky knitting blog to read!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Knitting Fool said…

    This blog rocks- and you'll be knitting up Tim Horton cup cozies in no time!

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Liana said…

    Hey...there's something I never thought of...lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home